Welcome to LoveMyCreditUnion.org
Welcome to the LoveMyCreditUnion.org Blog!
LoveMyCreditUnion.org is the home base for a member discount program called Invest in America (IIA). IIA was created in 2008 to help credit union members save on the products and services they use most from trusted U.S. partners.
We began with the Credit Union Member Discount from GM and soon grew to include the Sprint Credit Union Member Discount as well as savings programs from Dell, TurboTax, Jackson Hewitt, DIRECTV, Allied Van Lines and the TruStage Auto & Home Insurance Program. Plus, we offer our own discount partners Shop America and the Credit Union Auto Club.
Our blog is to keep you give you insider info on the latest discounts and share other ways to help you save. We hope you enjoy our blog and saving with IIA at LoveMyCreditUnion.org!
Friday, August 29, 2014
Just announced, now through 9/2/14 eligible participants of the Credit Union Member Discount from GM1 can take advantage of Labor Day Bonus Cash2 on the purchase of select 2015/2014 Chevrolet or 2014 Buick vehicles. See a list of all available current offers that can be combined with the Credit Union Member Discount from GM for exceptional savings!
To take advantage of your discount and these offers, sign in to mygmdiscount.com. Select "Obtain Authorization" from the Program menu and follow the prompts. Print the authorization number and take it to a participating GM Dealer today to get your vehicle discount.
1. Must be a member of a participating credit union. A copy of the loan document used to purchase the vehicle, current statement or membership card from a participating credit union will be required as proof of eligibility at the dealership. Not available with some other offers. See dealer for details. Discount is available to members no matter where they finance their purchase.
2. Not available with some other offers. Take retail delivery by 9/2/14. See dealer for details.
Thursday, August 21, 2014
If you’re a loyal Invest in America follower, then you’ve probably noticed that we’ve changed! As of August 1, the program’s name was changed to Love My Credit Union Rewards. Our new website features shopping categories including: Auto, Home, Technology/Entertainment, Finance, Shopping and Invest in America – all with discounts from U.S.-based companies. So, take advantage of our exclusive credit union member discounts – which include the Sprint Credit Union Member Discount!
As a credit union member you not only get a 10% individual discount and a 15% business discount* on select regularly priced Sprint monthly service, you can also get instant savings and valuable rewards with the Sprint Credit Union Member Discount.
*May require up to a new 2-year agreement/activation per line.
Enjoy up to $100 instant savings on a smartphone with the purchase of a Sprint Phone Connect device and a Sprint Phone Connect plan.
With Sprint Phone Connect, you’ll save on your monthly home phone bill.
- Unlimited nationwide calling while on the Sprint Network
- Voicemail, call waiting, call forwarding and more
- Keep your phone number
Requires new-line activation (for eligible upgrade) on qualified plan with data and two-year agreement per line. Offer ends 9/18/14.
Check out other special Sprint offers and learn more about the Sprint Credit Union Member Discount at LoveMyCreditUnion.org/sprint.
Credit approval required. Early Termination Fee (sprint.com/etf): After 14 days, up to $350/line. SDP Discount: Available for eligible company employees or org. members (ongoing verification). Discount subject to change according to the company's agreement with Sprint and is available upon request for select monthly svc charges. Discount only applies to data buy-ups/add-ons for Unlimited, My Way and Framily plans, Talk 450 and primary line on Talk Share 700. Not available with no credit check offers or Mobile Hotspot add-on. CL Discount: Available for company/org. liable business lines (ongoing verification). Tax ID req. to establish acct. Discount subject to change according to the company's agreement with Sprint and is available upon request for select monthly svc charges. Discount only applies to data buy-ups/add-ons for Unlimited, My Way and Framily plans, Talk 450, Business Fusion Plans (CL), Direct Connect Only Plan and primary line on Talk Share 700. Not available with no credit check offers or Mobile Hotspot add-on.
$100 Instant Savings: Offer ends 9/18/14. No cash back. Excludes taxes and surcharges. Not combinable with other special offers. Phone must be purchased at the same time as the Sprint Phone Connect device. Customer may be billed up to $100 if Sprint Phone Connect is returned and service cancelled while maintaining service with the associated smartphone. Not available in all locations. Other Terms: Offers and coverage not available everywhere or for all phones/networks. Restrictions apply. See store or sprint.com for details. © 2014 Sprint. All rights reserved. Sprint and the logo are trademarks of Sprint. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Monday, July 28, 2014
Face it, it’s one of the hardest aspects to buying a new car – selling your old one. Nobody enjoys it and we’re left wondering if we could have gotten more for it. The good news is that used cars have recently gained in value rather than lost it.
This is a phenomenon that seldom happens, but Kelley Blue Book found 23 vehicles that have actually gained in value from a year ago. One of the top cars that have gained in value is the 2012 Chevrolet Malibu. Its value increased 4.1% from $12,925 last year to $13,450.
One of the reasons for this widespread increase in car values was the long, hard winter we just faced. Prices historically go down in the winter and increase when the weather warms. And if you’re looking to sell a pickup truck, chances are you’ll make more money on it as well. CarGurus.com found that trucks kept their value the longest while luxury cars lose theirs the quickest.
Don’t forget to do your research before selling or trading in your used car. Websites like Kelley Blue Book or Edmunds can help you find out what your precious set of wheels is really worth.
To put even more money in your pocket when buying a new car is to buy one using the Credit Union Member Discount from GM. As a credit union member, you can save thousands on an eligible new Buick, GMC or Chevrolet. Click here to save on a new GM today.
Thursday, July 17, 2014
With the dog days of summer upon us, beach breezes and air conditioning keep us cool. But what about your car? These hot days can take their toll on a vehicle and could leave you stranded on the road. Here are five tips to help your car keep its cool this summer.
- Air Conditioning – If your car’s air conditioning isn’t as cold as it used to be, it could mean its refrigerant level is low. Take it to a certified technician to check it out.
- Tires – Keeping your tires correctly inflated and rotated not only improves your fuel economy and makes your car easier to control, it can also save them from overheating or blowing out. Be sure to check your tire pressure periodically, just make sure you haven’t driven your car for a while before testing the pressure. Check your owner’s manual or the tire itself for the proper psi (pounds per square inch).
- Battery – Older batteries hate extreme temperatures. Extreme heat can even weaken your car’s battery and shorten its lifespan. Take your car in and get a charging system test before going on any long summer road trips.
- Coolant – Your car needs fresh coolant once in a while. Older coolant can deteriorate over time, becoming acidic. Don’t wait too long to flush your system with new coolant, the acid of older coolant can eat away at your hoses and seals and may cause engine damage.
- Maintenance – People need checkups to stay healthy – and so do cars. Be sure to have the oil changed frequently and have a periodic full mechanical inspection of your car at least once a year.
Just follow these five tips and your summer road trips should go smoothly. Another way to make sure you’re not stranded on the road is with a Credit Union Auto Club membership. Credit Union Auto Club offers emergency roadside assistance, emergency towing up to 10 miles, emergency lockout assistance, flat tire repair, fuel delivery repair and much more – all at significant savings compared to competing auto plans.