RVs bring to mind images of cross country traveling for fun, but they are not just for recreation; there are a variety of reasons to purchase a recreation vehicle. People with mobile lifestyles, either because of their work or by choice, find value in having a home they can take with them wherever they go. RVs are a good alternative for people who find themselves in need of an inexpensive place to live, either in the short or long term. Of course for vacationers, they are a great way to compromise between camping and staying in a hotel.
If you've been thinking of purchasing a RV, there is no better time than the present. With Thor's Credit Union Member Discount offered through Invest in America, credit union members can take advantage of great deals on all types of recreation vehicles.
Before shopping for a RV be sure to consider:
- Your budget - how much can you afford?
- What kind of RV is right for you - a Motorhome, Travel Trailer, Fifth Wheel or Park Model? Which one best fits your needs?
- When you are not traveling, where will you park the RV? Be sure to check your local codes and regulations to see if there are any restrictions to storing your RV on your property.
- Driver's license requirements - rules vary by state, so be sure to check with your local DMV.
- Insurance - RV insurance varies based on the model and state of residency; be sure to check with your insurance agent
- Maintenance costs - check around for repair costs, gasoline and other expenses and be sure to include those in your budget.
A RV is a large purchase, very much like buying a home. Make sure you do your research and get your best deal. Visit your credit union to secure your financing before you head to the dealership and get your Invest in America Credit Union Member RV Discount and your best loan rate.