Welcome to LoveMyCreditUnion.org


Welcome to the LoveMyCreditUnion.org Blog!


LoveMyCreditUnion.org is the home base for a member discount program called Invest in America (IIA). IIA was created in 2008 to help credit union members save on the products and services they use most from trusted U.S. partners.

We began with the Credit Union Member Discount from GM and soon grew to include the Sprint Credit Union Member Discount as well as savings programs from Dell, TurboTax, Jackson Hewitt, DIRECTV, Allied Van Lines and the TruStage Auto & Home Insurance Program. Plus, we offer our own discount partners Shop America and the Credit Union Auto Club.

Our blog is to keep you give you insider info on the latest discounts and share other ways to help you save. We hope you enjoy our blog and saving with IIA at LoveMyCreditUnion.org!

Monday, September 13, 2010

See why people love their Credit Unions

With more than 90 million members nationwide, credit unions help people manage, simplify and grow their finances. Every credit union member has their own story about what brought them to their credit union and how it has helped in their lives. People everywhere are talking about why they love their credit union and we want to share a few:

"Their Rewards program for the Credit Card is great. I just got 3 certificates for free night stays to use when our daughter goes to Central this fall. It will make dropping her off and picking her up so much nicer. Thank you Peoples Trust!"
     - Elizabeth, member of Peoples Trust Credit Union
  
"My home equity loan thru Bank of America was about to expire. When I called about extending it they said no problem until they noticed I lived in Michigan. I had to scramble to cover balance. I already had a direct deposit account thru my work with Michigan Schools & Government CU. In one week they had set me up with a new Home Equity thru them so I could pay off the surprise cancellation of Bank of America. They were life savers!"
     - Fran, member of Michigan Schools & Government Credit Union

"Growing up in a long line of credit union (CU) members; I remember my parents taking me to their CU and explaining the importance of being member. My mother was with the teacher’s CU and my dad with the automotive CU. As I grew up; I saw my older sister joined the CU. When I became an adult; I followed my family’s footsteps and became a member over 25 years ago. I also enrolled both my children. Now I have a year old grandchild and plan to open an account for her. Fifty years of memories and four generations strong!"
     - Lucille, member of Lake Trust Credit Union

We love hearing your credit union stories! If you have a story that you’d like to share, you can submit entries on the Lovemycreditunion.org website. All entries are reviewed, and stories posted on our website and social networking sites will receive a Love My Credit Union t-shirt while supplies last!

No comments:

Post a Comment